Local Conferences of Youth (LCOY) are events by YOUNGO, the official children and youth constituency of the United Nations Framework Convention of Climate Change (UNFCCC). Through an application process led by the LCOY Working Group, selected LCOY organizers bring the annual climate negotiations, generally through the Conferences of Parties (COP), to their home or Residence countries and advocate for more concrete climate action. LCOYs offer a safe and strong environment in which youth can influence decisions made by decision makers in their home or residence countries through concrete support from YOUNGO and other potential partners. At LCOYs, young people connect to each other, teach, learn, and organize themselves to make their voices heard to our state leaders. LCOYs form a network in which youth can connect across borders and explore ways to collaborate on a regional and global level.
What We Do
Local Conferences of Youth (LCOY) are events by YOUNGO, the official children and youth constituency
of the United Nations Framework Convention of Climate Change (UNFCCC).
LCOY Bangladesh 2022 is envisioned to spotlight, and inspire youth on climate justice, food system transformation, and climate adaptation along with Innovations led by young people with the following objectives:
● Provide a platform for Bangladeshi youth to bring transformation by coming to a common platform for climate action, food system and adaptation strategies
● Ensure youth engagement countrywide to create a movement for climate activation
● Gather inputs from Bangladeshi youth, climate activist, young researchers who will be contributed to YOUNGO and other relevant stakeholders
● Build the capacity of the Bangladeshi youth in climate movements to develop innovative and effective climate solutions
● Lay the foundations for a regional youth climate movement that can leverage Southeast Asia's dynamism to develop regional climate solutions.